Info Jeunes Grand Est – Reims is a non-profit organization located in the city of Reims. Its main tasks are to produce and spread documents and information for young people in order to be them self dependant in their choice. At the office of CRIJ youngsters can get in Grand Est formation for their studies, accommodation, leisure time and other. At the same time, the centre develops different activities about Europe and international mobility programs. It is responsible for a network of 30 Information desks in the area. Therefore, CRIJ Grand Est provides 3 axes of specialized information: professional life; daily life; Europe and international mobility: « Europe Direct Information Centre ».
- Taking care of the media and communication of CRIJ Grand Est for the ESC part (website, Facebook page, Instagram page), creating videos to provide useful information to youngsters
- Together with the ESC coordinator supporting french youngsters willing to do an ESC (language support, peer to peer support for finding host organization, valorization of the volunteers’ projects…)
- Taking part in the information events about Europe and European citizenship (participating in the « European Ambassadors » campaign, various information sessions and workshops)
- Implementing youth information project with French volunteers
- CRIJ Grand Est is located in the city center of Reims, in a town with about 200 000 inhabitants. Volunteer will be accomodated in a one room flat or in shared flat.
- Money is received to cover the local transport and food expenses.
Number of volunteers hosted: 1
A word from ESC volunteer
Monika from Lithuania: When I was looking for my EVS project, I wanted its activities to be in the area of media and communication as well as youth information. Therefore, EVS at CRIJ Grand Est corresponds ideally to my expectations: working in the area of my interest, having great colleagues, living with amazing flatmates. Organisation proposes to the volunteer plenty of different type of activities, thus, there is no chance to get stuck into routine: writing an article, promoting EVS project on social media, together with my neighbors decorating a Christmas tree for our building, shooting event video, going to school to talk about mobility programmes and exchange possibilities, assisting French youngster to find his EVS project and preparing to leave abroad the one who has already found his, organizing « Café des Volontaires« and doing everything else that you are ready to bring into action.
And if you know a little French, read about Chiara‘s experience!
*EVS stands for “European Voluntary Service”, the previous name given to the European Solidarity Corps.